C & F APARTMENTS INC.
This Lease Agreement entered into this __________ day of ____________________, 2_________ By and between C & F APARTMENTS, INC. as lessors, and _______________________________ _________________________________________________________________________________________________ As lessee, do as hereinafter stated, hereby enter in a Lease Agreement for the following described premises upon terms and conditions as provided for herein: DESCRIPTION OF LEASED PREMISES: 1128 4th Street, Apt. #______________. LEASE TERM: The lease shall commence _________________________, 2___________. The lease shall terminate ___________________________, 2____________. RENTAL PAYMENT: Lessee agrees to pay the Lessors the total sum of $_____________________ for the entire term of this lease, payable in advance monthly installments to be deposited with the lessor at the time of lease signing in the form of $______________ equal checks each one dated on the first (1st) of each month for the duration of the lease. Payment may also be made in two equal payments one at the time of signing for one half the amount due and the other to be deposited with the lessor in the form of a check dated on the mid term of the lease for the remaining half of the amount due. Cash, check or money order, payable to C & F APARTMENTS, INC. will be acceptable. LESSEE AND LESSORS HEREBY FURTHER AGREE AS FOLLOWS: 1. The premises shall be occupied and used by Lessee for residence purposes only. No subletting will be permitted and no person other than the Lessee shall occupy the premises without written consent of Lessors. 2. The Lessee shall pay when due all charges incurred for utilities and services not expressly to be paid by the Lessors. 3. A Security Deposit in the amount of $______________ will be paid to Lessors prior to occupancy and possession by the Lessee to guarantee the performance of the terms of this lease by the Lessee it being expressly understood that this deposit will be returned to Lessee with (30) days after the lease termination date. The security deposit refund shall be decreased in the amount of any damages to the premises incurred during the term of the lease excepting fair and reasonable wear and usage. The Lessee will leave the premises neat and clean. The Lessee shall be required to clean the leased 1
premises. Additional cleaning that must be done by the Lessors shall be charged to the Lessee at the rate of $30.00 per hour plus materials. All cleaning charges shall be construed as damages and shall decrease the amount of security deposit returned to the Lessee. The Lessee shall remain liable for any damages in excess of the security deposit. Unpaid utility bills shall be damages in the amount owed plus $20.00 as a handling charge. Default or breech of any terms of the lease shall also be construed to be damages and shall result in forfeiture of the entire security deposit. It is expressly agreed between Lessee and Lessor in any and all other remedies that Lessors may have by terms of this agreement or under the law to recover damages against Lessee for any breach or default in the terms of this lease, and that the damage items stated herein shall not be construed to in any way limit other damage claims. The security deposit shall not be used in lieu of the last month’s rent payment. The Lessee shall have three days after occupying premises to notify Lessors’ of any preexisting problems. 4. In the event of a default or breach by Lessee in any of the terms of this lease, Lessors may, at Lessors option, terminate this lease upon ten (10) days written notice to Lessee delivered to the premises, addressed to Lessee, Notifying Lessee of Lessees’ default in the terms of this lease, and ten (10) days after such notice is delivered to premises, Lessors, or its legal agent or representative, shall have the lawful right to enter into the premises, or any part thereof, either with or without process of law, to re-enter and repossess the same, and to detain and take possession of any personal property located therein for security for any rent or damages that may be due, and after thirty (30) days sell such repossession, therein for offsetting and all damages to Lessors (or breach in the terms of this lease by Lessee).
5. In the event that the leased premises shall be vacated during said term of lease by Lessee, Lessors may take immediate possession there of for the remainder of the term and in Lessors’ discretion re-‐let the same and apply the proceeds of the amounts due from Lessee, and Lessee to remain liable for the unpaid balance of the rent not recovered by subletting after payment of reasonable expenses incurred in such subletting by Lessors (advertising expenses, utility bills, realtor fees, etc.). 6. In the event the leased premises shall be rendered untenantable by fire or other casualty, Lessors may at Lessors’ option terminate this lease or repair said premises with thirty (30) days and failing so to do, or upon the destruction of said premises by fire or other casualty, the terms of this lease hereof shall cease and terminate at no further liability to Lessee or Lessors. 7. Lessee shall not alter or reconstruct or make improvements on the premises without written consent of Lessors and shall not contract any repairs to the premises or its equipment and fixtures and furnishings without prior written consent of the Lessors or their agent.
8. It is mutually agreed between the parties that this lease is made subject to the terms of all mortgages now or hereinafter placed upon the leased premises. The Lessee agrees to keep the property especially neat and clean and available for showing by the Lessors or their agent.
9. Time is of the essence of this agreement and the terms thereof. Late payment of rent shall result in a delinquency charge of the additional sum of ten dollars ($10.00) for each and every day after the day rent is due until such time as paid in full on a current basis. This late charge provision however, shall in no way restrict Lessors’ option to declare a default and proceed as otherwise provided for herein. In the event that payment is made with worthless or otherwise dishonored (bad) check, an additional fee of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) shall become due in addition to the late charges that accrue until such time as the worthless check is made good. 10. The Lessee agrees to pay the Lessors reasonable attorney fees incurred in the enforcement of this lease or in the collection of damages under this lease additional as liquidated damages, to be included on any judgment that may be rendered on this lease. 11. Ninety (90) days prior to this Lease’s expiration date, the Lessee agrees to inform the Lessors in writing of their intentions to re-‐lease or move from the premises. Failure to do so shall result in the Lessors retainment of one half (50%) of security deposit. 12. The Lessee agrees to vacate the property before or upon the expiration date of the lease. If the premises are not vacated by or before the expiration date, the Lessee agrees to pay rent of a prorated basis of 150% of the base rent plus damages. 13. Lessee agrees to maintain a minimum temperature of 65 degrees Fahrenheit at all ties during the heating season in all parts of the premises. At no time will the electric service be disconnected during the heating season. Lessee shall be responsible for any and all damages that are caused by the loss of heat to the leased premises. 14. A fifteen-‐dollar ($15.00) charge per key will be assessed for any keys lost or not returned to Lessors at vacation of the premises.
15. A seventy-‐five dollar ($75.00) charge per loss of key during this agreement, which requires Lessors to purchase and make new keys and deliver to Lessee. 16. Any personal property left in or on the leased premises will be disposed of or sold by the Lessors or their agent thirty (30) days after vacation of the premises. Any proceeds realized from the disposal or sale of such abandoned property will go to the Lessors. Lessee shall remain liable for any disposal fees incurred in such disposal. 3
17. Lessee agrees that the smoke detector was operational when occupancy occurred and that the Lessee will replace battery(s) as required during the Term of Lease. Lessee shall also be required to notify Lessors in the event of malfunction requiring replacement of smoke detector.
18. Lessors and Lessee agree that the rules and regulations relating to the use and occupancy of premises by Lessee that are included herein and by this reference incorporated herein are reasonable. 19. Lessors shall be responsible for all garbage service and lawn care.
TENANT REGULATIONS 1. Rent is due the first (1st) day of each month or as specified in this lease by cash, check or money order, made payable to: C & F APARTMENTS INC 19524 E. County Road, 330N Charleston, IL 61920 Phone: 217.549.3737 217.273.7453 2. The tenants are expected to keep the premises clean and damage free. Owners reserve the right to make periodic inspections of the premises. 3. All motor vehicles shall be parked on the tenants’ driveway or parking area at all times. Tenants shall instruct visitors to park their vehicles in their spaces or on the street. No vehicles shall be permitted at any time on the lawn. 4. No pets shall be allowed or kept on the premises. 5. No waterbeds shall be allowed or kept on the premises. 6. No beer kegs shall be allowed or permitted on the premises. 7. No drugs or controlled substances shall be allowed or permitted on the premises. 8. No loud parties to the extent of disturbing neighbors will be allowed or permitted on the premises. If such occurs it will be cause for immediate eviction. No tenant misbehavior will be tolerated. This, to, is cause for eviction. 9. The premises shall be made available to Lessors and or their agent for showing to re-‐let or sell. The Lessee agrees to keep the premises especially neat and clean during the time of showings. 4
10. NO SMOKING inside building, apartments, laundry room, or any other hall or space.
WITNESS OUR SIGNATURES AND EXECUTION OF THIS LEASE AGREEMENT OF THE DATE FIRST ABOVE WRITTEN. LESSORS (or it’s authorized agent(s): LESSEE ________________________________________ ________________________________________ Printed Name Printed Name ________________________________________ ________________________________________ Signature Signature OR ONE OF THEIR AGENTS: ________________________________________ ________________________________________ Print Name Print Name ________________________________________ ________________________________________ Signature Signature
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY PARENT (or) EMERGENCY CONTACT: ______________________________________________ PHONE(s) #: ____________________________________________________________________________ LESSEE Drivers License #: ______________________________________________ MAKE & MODEL OF CAR: ______________________________________________ PHONE(s) #: __________________________________________________________