Where to Get the Aspen Installation File? 1. Download from the link below: http://mech‐watch.mech.ubc.ca/mech_software/Aspen/ You must connect to CHBE myVPN before downloading from the link. See instruction here. Download the files: 1. aspenONEV8.8EngDVD.iso 2. PortableWinCDEmu‐4.0.exe 3. ASPEN Installation Guide V3.docx (This document)
2. Borrow a USB Drive from Lori at CHBE218 Files included in the USB Drive: 1. aspenONEV8.8EngDVD.iso 2. PortableWinCDEmu‐4.0.exe 3. ASPEN Installation Guide V3.docx (This document)
Page | 1
ASPEN Software/Hardware Requirements This section provides the hardware and software requirements for ASPEN Engineering Products.
ASPEN System Requirements Supported Operating Systems Windows 8.1 Update Professional and Enterprise (64‐bit) Windows 7 SP1 Professional and Enterprise (32‐bit and 64‐bit) AspenTech recommends using a 64‐bit operating system for Activated Engineering, RefSYS Refinery Reactors, when working with large models. For more information, please refer to the product installation guides. Aspen Plus Refinery Reactors and Process Manuals do not support Windows 8.1 Supported Web Browsers Internet Explorer 10 or 11 Google Chrome on Desktop and iPad (only supported by aspenONE web Server) Supported Microsoft Office Microsoft Office 2010 SP2 or 2013 SP1 Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus Required Runtimes .NET Framework 4.5.1 .NET Framework 3.5 (for SLM – Software License Manager) Please note: Software License Manger is managed/administered by CHBE IT, therefore NO configuration/installation by end users required Java JDK 1.6 (only required for Economic Evaluation and aspenONE Web Server) Adobe Flash 10 or higher (required for Exchange training videos) Supported Database Clients Microsoft SQL Server Express 2012 SP1 Microsoft SQL Server Express 2008 R2 SP2
ASPEN Hardware Requirements Desktop System Requirements Computer and Processor: Intel Core‐i5 family 2.8 gigahertz (GHz) or faster Memory (RAM): 8GB Please note: On a 32‐bit Windows 7 system, the OS cannot use more than 4GB of RAM, therefore 64‐bit systems are recommended Free Hard Disk Space: 80GB Display: Graphics card / monitor supporting 1280 x 800 or higher resolution Network: 100 MB/sec
Page | 2
Prerequisites This section provides prerequisites before proceeding with ASPEN engineering application installation. Both .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.5.1 are required. Installation of Microsoft SQL Server Express is optional, but it will be installed during Aspen installation if no SQL server detected. CHBE VPN is required when install or run Aspen program.
.NET Framework 3.5 Installation: Method 1: Turn Windows features on or off 1. 2. 3. 4.
Go to Control Panel Under Programs click on Get programs Click “Turn Windows features on or off” Check both boxes under Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 as indicated in below, and click OK.
5. It will prompt “Please wait while Windows makes change to features. This might take several minutes.” 6. Once it is installed, click OK.
Page | 3
.NET Framework 4.5.1 Installation (Web Installer): 1. There are two package available, Offline Installer and Web Installer. The offline package can be used in situations where Internet connectivity is an issue 2. Download Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5.1: http://www.microsoft.com/en‐ ca/download/details.aspx?id=40773 3. To install the software now, choose the Run button 4. To install the software later, choose the save button (the computer must be connected to the internet during installation) 5. It may run a security scan based on Antimalware configuration 6. In these instructions, we choose to proceed with the “Install the software now” option, click Run 7. It will prompt “Do you want to allow the following program…” as indicated below, click Yes and proceed with the installation
8. It will prompt “Please accept the license terms to continue”, Check the license agreement and click Install 9. Please note: a. It may take 15‐20 minutes or more for installation to start after the initial download and it may take an additional 30‐45 minutes to finish b. You may need to close all other applications in case various apps are running simultaneously 10. During installation it will prompt the message indicated below, click Yes
Page | 4
11. Upon completion, click Finish and reboot. Please Note: After installing .Net Framework 4.5.1, go to Windows Update in Control Panel and select check for updates. It is necessary to download and install all critical updates for .Net Framework 4.51.
Microsoft SQL Server ‐ Express Edition Installation Please note: As indicated above under ASPEN System Requirements, there are two versions available/recommended for Microsoft SQL Server Express, namely 2012 SP1 and 2008 R2 SP2. Instruction below are for MS SQL Express 20102 SP1 1. Click Download at http://www.microsoft.com/en‐ca/download/details.aspx?id=35579 There are a few prerequisites before installing MSSQL Express. It is highly recommended that you review System Requirements and Install Instructions Please note: On this web page, Step 1 under Install Instructions states “Enable Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 and Install Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0”, which pertains to the instructions above on Page 2‐3. 2. It will prompt “Choose the download you want” 3. Select SQLEXPR_x86_ENU and Click Next Please note: Browser popup blocker may block downloads from Microsoft site. Please be sure to allow downloads 4. Click Save and choose a download folder (for installing the software later) 5. Navigate to download folder and double click on SQLEXPR_x86_ENU 6. Click Run 7. Once the “Extracting Files” process is finish, it will prompt “Do you want to allow the following program to make changes….” as indicated below, click Yes
Page | 5
8. SQL Server installation Centre screen will prompt
9. Click on “New SQL Server stand‐alone installation or add features to an existing installation” and installation will start 10. License Terms screen will appear, check “I accept the license terms” Page | 6
Please note: If you do not wish to share usage data with Microsoft, leave “Send feature usage data to Microsoft…” unchecked 11. Click Next 12. Install Setup Files process will start 13. Ensure all boxes are checked
14. Click Next 15. Instance Configuration screen will appear. Keep all default values.
Page | 7
16. Click Next 17. Server Configuration will appear. Keep default values and click Next
18. Database Engine Configuration screen will appear, select “Windows authentication mode” and click Next Page | 8
19. Error Reporting screen will appear. As stated above, you may leave “Send error reports to Microsoft…” unchecked and click Next 20. Installation Progress screen will appear
Page | 9
21. Once installation is finish, chick Close
22. Reboot computer
Page | 10
Installing AnyConnect 3.1 for Connecting to CHBE myVPN Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 To install the AnyConnect on Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7/8, please follow the instructions below: 1. Download and run the Windows installer file: https://it.ubc.ca/sites/it.ubc.ca/files/anyconnect-win-3.1.02026-pre-deploy-k9.msi 2. Click Next >
3. Accept the license agreement and click Next >
Page | 11
4. Click Install
5. You may be asked "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?" If so, click Yes 6. Click Finish
Page | 12
Connecting to CHBE myVPN in Microsoft Windows 1. If you are using Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7: Open the Start Menu, click on All Programs
Select Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
Page | 13
2. If you are using Microsoft Windows 8: Open your Start screen, right click anywhere on the screen that is not an icon/app, and select All Apps
Select Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
Page | 14
3. In the box that appears at the bottom right corner of your screen, enter "myvpn.ubc.ca" in the text field and then click Connect
4. Log in with your CWL credentials (the one being used to register courses), adding “.chbe” suffix after your CWL as username, i.e. yourcwl.chbe
5. The Cisco AnyConnect VPN client has successfully connected when you see the popup message on your Desktop. You are now connected over VPN and can start working over the network as you normally would.
Page | 15
ASPEN Installation This section provides the ASPEN engineering application installation 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7.
Double click the file PortableWinCDEmu‐4.0.exe Click Yes to continue Click Mount image Find and select the file aspenONEV8.8EngDVD.iso, click Open Click Close, a new CD drive will be mounted on your computer. In your computer, double click the new drive labelled aspenONEV88Eng A message will prompt “Do you want to allow ….” , Click Yes
8. Welcome to the Aspen Engineering V8.8 installer screen will appear 9. Click on Install aspenONE products
Page | 16
10. Read the aspenONE Software License Terms will appear
11. Check “I accept the terms of this agreement” and click Next 12. It will go through application prerequisites, if anything is pending (for example, .Net Framework 3.5 or 4.5.1), it will indicate the missing application with version number Page | 17
13. Choose the aspenONE products you want to install will appear, ensure all boxes are checked as indicated below and click Next
14. Specify licensing & security screen will appear. 15. Enter Licenser Server IP: 18.104.22.168, click Add Server and click Next
16. aspenOne Drive Configuration screen will appear Page | 18
17. Leave as‐is and Click Next 18. Click Install Now 19. aspenONE installation progress screen will appear
Page | 19
20. Once Installation is finish “aspenONE installation complete” screen will appear 21. Click Reboot Now
Page | 20