Like many families looking to make the most of extra room in their homes, the Binger’s use their basement as a multi-functional family room. It has become a playroom for their two young children, an office space for Mr. Binger and an exercise room. Mrs. Binger also teaches her children how to The Schafranek Family,– dance down there Berlin, Germany
and would love to be able to run small dance classes in the future.
See what light did for the Schafraneks Warming up the heart of a home with Philips LED lighting Andre and Anja Schafranek live in a spacious, old high-ceilinged apartment in Berlin with their two young children, Lasse and Lea. They spend a great deal of time in their large open-plan kitchen, dining and living room, which has become the center of their family home. Both parents love to cook in the kitchen while watching their children play in the main living space and Anja likes to relax and doze off with 1-year-old Lea whenever the opportunity arises. Light has become a huge issue for the family. Their kitchen is currently very poorly lit while their living room has either too little light in key areas or too much bright, cold light. A lightover would help them create the relaxed, cozy ambience they’d like to have in the heart of their family home.
The problem • Not enough warm or flexible light to create the cozy atmosphere they want • No possibility to dim the existing light in the living room and no comfortable reading light • No dedicated lighting in the kitchen for preparing food and cooking
Our solution • Mix ambient and functional lighting to provide warmer, more flexible light • Add a dimmable lamp in the living room that also provides the right light for reading • Provide dedicated task lighting to help them function more easily in the kitchen
See what light did for the Schafraneks Our lighting plan See in detail how our lightover team has used Philips solutions to help transform the Schafranek’s open-plan living room into the cozy, focal point of their family home.
Our solution Product overview 1) Lirio by Philips Cielo pendant
2) Philips LightStrip Curve Color 3) Philips Naturelle TeaLights (set of 3) 4) Lirio by Philips Crany floor lamp
5) Philips 36° LED reflector inside a Philips InStyle Finn floor lamp
6) Lirio by Philips Trelome pendant
reading and relaxing area
7) Philips LightStrip Curve White
8) Lirio by Philips Dolinea pendant 9) Philips Ledino spot
See what light did for the Schafraneks Our solution Find out more about our solution and products used in the Schafranek’s living room lightover.
1) Creating a stunning workspace Lirio by Philips Cielo pendant Defining a dedicated working area within a room can be as easy as introducing the next level in lighting experience – a modern, dimmable pendant with integrated LEDs that goes above the table comes along without any bulb.
• Emitting light without a bulb, the LEDs are integrated in the shade • Warm white, dimmable light • iF and red dot design award winner 2012
4) Creating a comfortable area for reading Lirio by Philips Crany floor lamp Turning a sofa into the ideal place to relax with a good book instead of watching TV can be as easy as introducing a new floor lamp that offers beautiful light coverage.
• Minimalist design • Beautiful light coverage • Dimmable
2) Helping immerse you in the movie Philips LightStrip Curve Color Creating the perfect atmosphere to enhance your home cinema experience can be as easy as adding a colorful light strip behind your TV to graze light up the wall.
• Flexible and easy to install LED light strip • Choose among 16 colors including white • Create a unique ambience around any shape or object
5) Creating a warm and relaxing mood in your living room Philips 36° LED reflector inside a Philips InStyle Finn floor lamp Creating a space where you can truly relax can be as easy as replacing a conventional lamp with a dimmable LED bulb that delivers beautifully warm and soft white light.
• Perfect replacement bulb • Instant, warm LED light • Energy-saving • Diffused, warm light • Stylish curved silhouette • Integrated spot light, perfect for task lighting
3) Relaxing the mood with candlelight Philips Naturelle TeaLights Creating a cozy atmosphere for watching a movie or relaxing on a comfy sofa can be as easy as introducing some portable, child-safe tea lights on a table or windowsill.
• Natural candlelight effect • No open flame, hot wax or smoke • Simply tilt the candle to turn on and off
6) Enhancing the atmosphere for family meal times Lirio by Philips Trelome pendant Providing more flexible lighting to create the perfect atmosphere for family dinners can be as easy as installing a new LED ceiling pendant with adjustable lamps above your dining table.
• Unique LED anti-glare disks integrated • Warm white, dimmable light • iF design award winner 2012
See what light did for the Schafraneks
7) Clearly defining an area within an open space
8) Turning a bar into a meeting point
Philips LightStrip Curve White Highlighting the threshold of a kitchen island within an open plan room can be as easy as adding an LED lighting strip underneath the top edge of the counter to provide a warmer welcome.
Lirio by Philips Dolinea pendant Changing a plain spot into a treasured, all day long meeting point can be as easy as illuminating your bar with a dedicated LED ceiling pendant.
Philips Ledino spot Getting the flexible task lighting you need to take complete control in your kitchen can be as easy as adding a series of adjustable LED spots to illuminate work surfaces.
• Textured black fabric or matt white finishing complement the modern design • Warm white, dimmable light • Pendant with a total height of 3m
• Powerful, warm white light • Create ambiance by adjusting the light intensity • Extremely long lifetime • Saves up to 80% energy
• Flexible and easy to install LED light strip • Powerful, warm white light • Create a unique ambience around any shape or object
9) Supporting busy chefs in the kitchen
See what light can do for you Get started yourself
©2012 Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. All rights reserved.