How to use the ‘Portal’
• Web address for the portal: http://www.dfamilk.com/mydfa • Enter this address in your web browser • Launch the page • Add this address to your list of ‘Favorites / Bookmarks’ in your web browser
After launching http://www.dfamilk.com/mydfa the portal’s complete address will appear in the address window
For questions regarding information contained in this web site, you can single left click on Contact Us
• This site requires you to login with a user id and password • If you have registered on one of our sites in the past (For example, lab.dfamilk.com) then please continue using the same user id and password • If a user id and password have not been established in the past, registration will be necessary
• Enter your user id and password above • Then single left click the ‘Log In’ button
• First-time visitors need to register in order to gain access • Single left click the ‘Registration’ tab or the “register” link • Please register only once
Registration Process • Select correct affiliation. • If you do not see your affiliation (for example, a Handler or Dispatcher), please contact your area office to become registered • Otherwise, fill out the registration form • Submit registration form
• Select the appropriate affiliation • If you do not see your affiliation (for example, a Handler or Dispatcher), please contact your area office to become registered • Single left click the ‘Continue’ button • In this example, we will register as a Producer
• Complete the registration form by filling in each required field • The user id and password are supplied/created by you • It is recommended that the user id and password be any combination of letters and numbers, and that the letters be lower case
• Single left click the ‘Register’ button to submit the information and proceed to the next step • If you wish to start over, single left click the ‘Reset Form’ button to clear all fields
• A confirmation page will appear • Review the information for accuracy 55555
• Single left click the ‘Proceed’ button to continue to the next step • Single left click the ‘Back’ button to make corrections
This screen is where you specify your producer information.
Single left click this link to see a sample pay receipt. Using this sample as a guide, you can look at your actual pay receipt and find the producer information requested above.
Choose your division number from the drop-down menu
01 : CAC REGION 3 999999
• Type your producer number • Type your payee number • Type the last 4 digits of your tax id • Single left click the ‘AddAccess’ button
• This screen confirms that access has been added for the new user • Now single left click the ‘Welcome’ tab located towards the top of the page
You can now log in with the newly established user id and password
This is a sample home page
Updating Your Account Information
To correct your account information, single left click on the ‘My Account’ tab
For example, assume the city has changed
Single left click in the City section of the form in front of the word Somewhere
Type the correct City (in this case ‘Anywhere’)
Single left click the ‘Update’ button
• Confirm the accuracy of the change • Single left click the ‘Proceed’ button • Single left click the ‘Back’ button to correct errors
• This page confirms that changes were successfully updated • Click the ‘My Home’ tab to return to your home page
To maintain your Access Profile, single left click the ‘My Account’ tab (your Access Profile is your producer information)
Single left click either the ‘update’ link or the ‘click here’ link
• Access for producer 999999 division 01 has already been established during registration and is displayed in the box above. • Additional producer numbers can be set up for those who have multiple producer numbers.
• Choose the division • Type the producer number • Type the payee number • Type the last 4 digits of the tax id • Single left click the ‘AddAccess’ button
The additional producer information is now displayed
If necessary, producer information access can be removed on this page
• To remove access, single left click in the checkbox next to the producer/payee number to be removed • Single left click the ‘DeleteAccess’ button
• Access for Producer 111111 has now been removed • Single left click the ‘My Home’ tab to return to your personal page
Customizing Channel Appearance
My Web Pa
• Single left click the drop down menu to choose your preferred channel view (Channel, Classic, or Classic Grid)
• After making your selection, single left click this icon to the right of the drop down menu
Now your home page reflects the ‘Classic’ channel view.
Changing Channels, Layout, and Background Color
Single left click this icon located on the ‘My Home Page’ tab.
From this page you can change your channel layout.
• In this example, we will place ‘Weather’ in Column 2. • Single left click ‘Weather’ to highlight it • Single left click the right arrow
• ‘Weather’ now appears in column 2
• Single left click the ‘Save’ button to finish • Single left click the ‘Return’ link to return to the My Home Page Optional: • Column Widths – ratios are user adjustable. In this example, ratios were manually adjusted to 60% / 40%
01 Producer: 999999
• ‘Weather’ now appears in Column 2
• To delete ‘Weather’ (or any other channel) single left click the ‘X’ on the channel bar • You cannot delete ‘required’ channels – the ‘X’ will be grayed out • The view of all channels must be in the “Channel” mode to delete channels
01 Producer: 999999
• ‘Weather’ is now deleted
Single left click the ‘Channels’ link to select or de-select from a list of available channels.
• Some channels are required and cannot be added or removed. They are identified by a gray checkbox. • Single left click on the Expand All button to view all channels available.
• Place a check mark beside the channels you want to see on your page. When finished, single left click on the Save button.
Single left click the ‘Background Color’ link to customize the background color of your page(s).
Single left click the ‘Page Name/Order’ link to: • Edit page titles • Change the order of pages
Single left click the ‘Return’ link to go back to your home page.
• A channel can be minimized by clicking the ‘minimize’ (or underscore) button
• When minimized, the channel bar remains, but the contents are hidden Single left click the ‘restore’ icon to expand the channel
• To maximize a channel, single left click the ‘maximize’ (or full page) button
• The ‘Dairy Industry News’ channel is now maximized. • The ‘maximize’ button has now become a ‘restore’ button. Use this to toggle ‘Dairy Industry News’ back to its original position
• The ‘Edit’ button appears on the ‘Personal Links’ channel. It can be used to add links to your favorite web pages
• The ‘Add’ button adds new links • The ‘Delete’ button removes unwanted links • The ‘Update’ button allows an existing link to be edited
• In this example we will add a new link • Single left click the ‘Add’ button to bring up the ‘add’ page
• Give your link a name • Type a brief description of the web site (this creates a popup ‘bubble’ on your home page when the mouse pointer is moved onto the link • Type in the web address (url) • Be sure to use the complete web address, including http:// • Single left click the ‘Save’ button when finished
• The new link will now appear in your list • Single left click the ‘Return’ link
• The new link now appears under your ‘Personal Links’ channel • The pop-up bubble appears if the mouse pointer is moved onto the link
Creating a New Page
• A new page must be given a name • Single left click ‘New Page’ • Type (in the ‘Create Page’ field) the name you have chosen. In this example, we have typed ‘Local Market News’ • Single left click the ‘Add’ Button to add the page
• The new page now appears with its own tab • To add channels to this page, refer back to the section on channels • This page can be removed using the ‘Remove’ image. A confirmation page will display to verify that the page should be removed. Single left click on the ‘Confirm’ button to remove the page
Retrieving Lab Results
• Single left click on any of the reports displayed in the drop-down list • Then single left click on the ‘Go’ button • A new browser will open for the report selected