September 2015 APPLICATION GUIDE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
[GLOBAL LEADERSHIP DIVISION] < SEOUL CAMPUS >
September 2015 Application Information For International Students
G U I D E
Program ········································································· ￭ Admissions Guidelines ················································ ￭ Department and Quota ············································· ￭ Qualifications ································································· ￭ Selection Method ·························································· ￭ Points of Caution ·······················································
[Global Leadership Division Program]
￭ Application Information ··············································· ￭ Application Materials ··················································· ￭ Scholarships ································································· ￭ Information on Apostille/Consulate Authentications ····························································
F O R M S
￭ Personal Statement (English) ￭ Letter of Recommendation (Korean) ￭ Letter of Recommendation (English) ￭ Records of School Attendance ￭ Information on Schools Attended ￭ List of Supplementary Documents ￭ Letter of Consent (Agreement on Verification of Records) ￭ Letter of Request (Request form for Verification of Records)
【Global Leadership Division Program】 To realize the vision of the 「Third Founding」, Yonsei University, Asia’s most prestigious private university, has established the Global Leadership Division Program, presenting a new paradigm of international education system in Korean university education In commemoration of 130th anniversary of Yonsei University’s founding, the Global Leadership Division Program (GLDP) has been established to create a new international education paradigm for Korean university education. Yonsei University is targeting the world beyond Korea with its “Third Founding” vision. As part of the effort to push this vision forward, the GLDP attracts outstanding international students and overseas Korean students by providing a specialized and prestigious education program with a strong basis in the Korean language and culture. The framework of the GLDP can be summarized as follows. ▣ Education Goals - Shape students into global leaders who will ascend to the global stage on the basis of the value of Korea through a deeper understanding of Korean language, culture and society. - Foster talented students who can practice servant leadership in order to contribute to the vitalization of intergroup communication and cultural diversity. - Foster talented students with multidisciplinary originality to contribute to the creation of the core values of society in the future by exceeding the boundaries of existing academic disciplines through connection and convergence. ▣ Core Values: 4C
- Context : Promote a deeper understanding of Korean context through Korean history, society, and culture - Communication : foster flexible communication skills to realize servant leadership - Convergence : Cultivate logical and practical multidisciplinary skills by overcoming the boundaries of existing academic disciplines - Change : Develop global leadership that will lead changes on the global stage
▣ Features of the Education Course - GLDP 「Basic Course」 offers globalized education programs based on Korean values, designed for outstanding international students and overseas Korean students. The GLDP targets advanced and knowledgeable outstanding foreign and overseas Korean students. The advantage of the program over existing international programs in domestic universities is that it fosters talents to be active on the international stage by cultivating a deeper understanding of Korean values through Korean history, society, culture and Korean studies. - In GLDP 「Intensive Course」, students experience a convergence education system that spans the whole field of Humanities & Social Sciences studies. The program offers a varied and converged curriculum on human society for students to be able to experience an academic background which covers the whole field of human studies. By experiencing a future-oriented curriculum which sufficiently reflects social demands, the program fosters original talents who are equipped with a convergence of integrated understanding of the entire spectrum of human society and innovative problem-solving skills. - The GLDP provides special opportunities to acquire a Yonsei University Undergraduate Program major. If a student exceeds the requirements of the GLDP Basic Course and Intensive Course, he or she may choose one of Yonsei University’s undergraduate program majors (exempting all departments in the College of Music, Medicine, Dentistry and Nursing, Pharmacy, and the Underwood International College). A GLDP student can acquire up to two majors including the 『Korean Culture∙Commerce』 major. In addition, if a GLDP student fulfills the requirements and the desired major department grants acceptance, he or she has the opportunity to explore various majors through a double major or an affiliation transfer. - The GLDP provides specialized education and administrative services. The following are the specialized areas of prestigious education and administrative service provided in the GLDP.
By drastically reducing lecture sizes, a specialized small-scale education process is maintained with one-on-one discussion sessions, small group seminars, and research studies. A specialized academic and counseling program Individualized and specialized curriculum designed for each student One-stop administrative service for international students Specialized intensive language classes aimed at university lecture attendance A specialized exchange student program Internship opportunities at Korean companies for outstanding students Various cultural programs & field trips
▣ Major acquisition system and curriculum 1. Required Course Outline
GLDP Courses Division
Individual Department Established Major Courses
Individual Department Major Course 18+ credits
※ Students will have additional requirements for Common foundation courses and mandatory courses offered by University College. ※ Alternative subjects may be designated to substitute for the Basic Course requirements with the department head’s discretion. 2. Available Majors
Min. Required Credits
Korean Culture·Commerce Intensive Course
Individual Department Established Major Courses
Korean Culture·Commerce & Major Course (1 only)※ (Ex. Global Leadership Division Program Economics)
※ If a student exceeds the requirements of the GLDP Basic Course and Intensive Course, he or she may choose a Yonsei University undergraduate program major (exempting all departments in the College of Music, Medicine, Dentistry and Nursing, Pharmacy, and the Underwood International College). The major title will be 「Global Leadership DIVISION Program ____ Studies」.
3. Curriculum (subject to change) [Basic Course] Course No.
Introduction to Korean Culture I Introduction to Korean History & Society
Elementary Korean Elementary Korean for Advanced Beginners Korean Linguistics Foundation Korean and Foreign Languages The Globalization of Korean
Introduction to Korean Culture II Understanding Korean Popular Culture Korean Culture Field Placement Korean Folk Culture Understanding Korean Literature Understanding Korean Thinking Easy Reading of Korean History
Personal Relations and Communication Joseon, Hanguk, Korea and Koreans Korean Modern Society and Leadership Korean Modern Economy and Leadership
Intermediate Korean Pre-advanced Korean
Korean’s Sense of Beauty Reading Korean Cultural History Through Film Korean Culture and Arts The Contents of Korean Culture Understanding Korean History Korean Consciousness and Ethnicity Culture Understanding Korean Popular Culture Koreanization and Multiculturalism Korean Cultural Anthropology Foundation Family and Culture in Korea The Relationship Between Religion and Culture in Korea Korean Clothing Culture
Korean Ethnic Culture and Leadership Korean Ethnic Consciousness and Spirit Korean Social Consciousness and Leadership Understanding Human Behavior
Advanced Korean Practical Korean Current Events Current Korean Speech and Discussion
Hallyu and Korean Culture Understanding Korean Folk Culture Understanding Korea’s Cultural Legacy and the World of Korean Food Korean’s Daily Life and Housing Culture Korea’s Welfare Policy for the Aging Generation The Beauty of Koreans Hallyu Culture and the Design Industry Understanding Korean Architecture Modern and Contemporary Korean History Korea’s Cultural Legacy Hallyu Content Development Korea’s Historical Consciousness and World View Society Psychology Leadership Seminar
※ Korean language classes (beginner, intermediate, advanced level) are based on 6 credit system, and will be taught 8~12 hours a week. Students proficient in Korean will be exempted from taking Korean language courses with the academic counselor’s permission.
- Korean Political Theory - Administrative Theory - Korean Citizen Society Exercises in Practice - Korean Foreign Policy Ideology in Practice - Korean Administrative Policy Ideology in Practice - Korean Government Theory - Korean Welfare Theory and Social Security Foundation - Korean Economic Theory
- Korea’s Politics and Society - Korea’s Administration and Society - Image Production Theory Foundation - Korean Social Welfare Foundation - Korean and International Politics - Korean Citizen Society and Volunteer Work - Multicultural Family’s Social Problems Theory - Microeconomics and Application - Economic Statistics - Korean Business Financial Theory - Taxation Theory
- East Asian International Relations - Korean Government Rating Theory - Korean Policy Determination Theory - Korean Tax Law - Business Production and Administrative Control - Korean Government Finance Theory - Korean Non-profit Group Theory - Macroeconomics and Application - International Banking Theory - Korean National Management and National Management Theory - Korean Welfare Policy and Practice
【 Admission Guidelines 】 1. Admissions Schedule Classification
Note Yonsei University Office of Admssions website
Dec. 8 (MON), 2014 10:00 ~ July 10 (FRI) 2015 17:00
Dec. 8 (MON), 2014 ~ Jan. 30 (FRI), 2015 → Acceptance Notification: February 13 (FRI), 2015 Registered Application Mail Material (Express) or Submission In person
Feb. 2 (MON), 2015 ~ Apr. 17 (FRI) → Acceptance Notification: May 15 (FRI), 2015
Apr. 20 (MON), 2015 ~ Jul. 10 (FRI) → Acceptance Notification: Jul. 24 (FRI), 2015
Online Application (log-in, submission and payment) unavailable after application period
Office of Admissions, Yonsei University, 50 Yonsei-ro, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul 120-749, Korea Application Form must be printed out and submitted with other materials either by registered mail or in person (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and Korean holidays)
Feb. 13 (FRI), 2015 [For Applications submitted from Dec. 8, 2014 to Jan. 30, 2015]
May 15 (FRI), 2015 [For Applications submitted from Feb. 2, 2015 to Apr. 17]
Office of Admissions website
Jul. 24 (FRI), 2015 [For Applications submitted from Apr. 20, 2015 to Jul. 10]
Early Aug. 2015
Korean Language Proficiency Test
Aug. 6 (THUR), 2015 14:30
Please transfer the tuition fee to an individually assigned virtual account (via Internet banking, account transfer, phone banking etc.).
Korean Language Institute, Seoul Campus
※ All accepted students are to spend their first and second semesters (the freshman year) at Songdo International Campus in Incheon for Residential College course.
2. Department and Quota Department
Global Leadership Division
About 100 students to be admitted
3. Qualifications March Admission Application Requirements: Both parents must be foreigners and the applicant must also be a foreigner who graduated from high school either inside or outside of Korea by August, 2015. In addition, high school equivalency will be acknowledged according to Article 98 of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act. ☞ Important Notes on Qualifications ○ If a student and any one of the student's parents has dual citizenship with Korea, the student is not eligible for this track. ○ Korea-born adoptees of foreign nationality are considered as foreign nationals only if they acquired the foreign nationality before entering elementary school (Grade 1). ○ A Taiwanese applicant with one parent of Taiwanese citizenship is classified as an international student for application purposes. ○ Total years of education will be counted based on the Korean educational system. [Overseas education years will be counted as follows: From Grade 1 to 6 to be elementary school, from Grade 7 to 9 to be middle school, from Grade 10 to 12 to be high school] ○ In principle, for those students whose country’s formal education from elementary school to high school is less than twelve years, only the students who completed the full school years that are approved by Korean Ministry of Education as equivalent to korean high school will be considered as qualified high school graduates. However, in general, the qualification as a legitimate high school graduate will be judged taking account of each country’s educational system based on Korean formal educational system.
4. Selection Method Successful candidates will be selected by a combination of evaluating high school scores, personal statement, 高考 ․ 会考, AP ․ GCE-A Level ․ IB ․ NCEA ․ SAT, etc. foreign high school standardized academic skill rating materials, recommendation letters, awards, certifications, language certifications, graduated school profile, etc. (Depending on the results of the document evaluation, an interview may be necessary, in which case the applicant will be evaluated by interview.) 5. Submission of Test of Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK) Newly admitted students without TOPIK score are recommended to take the TOPIK test and submit the result to the Global Leadership Division Office or University College Admin. Office. (It is not mandatory.) ※ TOPIK official website:
【 Points of Caution 】 1. Application and Enrollment A.
background, submitted certificates/licenses in addition to basic screening. Thus, please note that announcement on the progress of screening process will not be made. Individual contact can be made during the process, however, in case additional documents need to be submitted. B. If a student does not pay the deposit and tuition fees by the due date after acceptance, admission will be automatically withdrawn. C. Restriction on multiple application and dual enrollment 1) The successful candidate to Spring 2015 International student track (including Global Leadership Division) at Seoul Campus of Yonsei University cannot apply again for the tracks specified below. Otherwise, acceptance will be cancelled. - Fall 2015 Overseas Korean Students track and International Students track at Seoul Campus (including Global Leadership Division) 2) Students who receive more than one acceptance from several universities through Early Admission(Susi-track) (including overseas Korean Students and international students tracks) must enroll (pay the deposit) at one university. In case of dual enrollment, all acceptances from universities that the student enrolled in will be cancelled. D. Students can apply for 2015 Spring International Students track (except Global Leadership Division) at Seoul Campus and International Students track at Wonju Campus, Yonsei University in addition to 2015 Spring Global Leadership Division Program at Seoul Campus. For more information,
(http://admission.yonsei.ac.kr/wonju). 2. Application materials A. No changes can be made to the documents once submitted to Yonsei University and the documents cannot be returned in any case. B. When applicants report the records of IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, AP etc. directly to Yonsei University, they must inform the Office of Admissions of applicants’ English name and the date of the test so that the scores can be evaluated. When the students do not inform the Office of Admissions of the reporting and, as a result, the scores are not evaluated, the responsibility lies entirely on the applicants. (ETS Institution Code: 9893) 3. General notes on Admissions A. When students do not comply with University’s prescribed process and rules, or required documents are not completely submitted, the students will be disqualified. B. If a student is found to have applied through illegal means, such as submission of false or forged documents or altered representation of eligibility, admission will be denied. Also, students who forge or falsify documents, employ substitute(s) during examinations, or do not meet the specified qualifications will not be admitted. If any of the above mentioned facts are discovered after admission is granted, the admission decision will be revoked even after the letter of acceptance has been sent out or class registration has been completed. 8
C. When Yonsei University decides that applications do not meet the qualifications, no applicant may be admitted. D. Details on admission decisions will not be released. E. All screening and decision making will be made by The University Admissions Committee. Other matters related to admissions will be processed in accordance with the rules of Yonsei University. 4. Miscellaneous Information A.
(http://admission.yonsei.ac.kr/seoul) B. Emergency contacts can be made mostly by SMS or E-mail. Please write down cell phone numbers and E-mail address as well as phone number correctly so that the Office of Admissions can contact the applicant during admissions period. C. According to school regulations, students cannot take a leave of absence during their first semester after admission. However, a leave of absence due to disease or military service is allowed. D. It is mandatory for all international students to maintain proper health insurance coverage during their study at Yonsei University. There are three kinds of Health Insurances: heath insurances of students' native countries (only if they are also effective in Korea), local Health Insurances, and Health Insurances for international students of Korean insurance companies. After you're accepted, we'll give you detailed information.
【 Application Information 】 1. Online Application Process Please read the following notes in order to apply online. A. Go to the Office of Admissions website (http://admission.yonsei.ac.kr/seoul) and click ’online application for international students’ button. B. Please be well informed of instructions on online application before starting the application process. 2. Application Fees Department
150,000 KRW Global Leadership Division
USD 150 - Only in case of individual International banking. - Applicants can check their application number within 5 days after payment. - Extra fees can be added.
After online application is completed (by the time fee is paid), application cannot be cancelled and the application fee is not refundable. However, in the event of natural disasters, obvious mistakes by the institution performing admission procedure, or any cases where The University Admissions Committee
uncontrollable reasons for which applicants cannot be blamed, partial or full refund (except for the service charge for admission agent) is available. 3. Payment of Tuition Fees for the Year 2015 All accepted students must pay the full amount of tuition fees by the date set by the Office of Admissions. (in August 2015) Students can find information on the tuition fees for the Year 2014 as a reference from Yonsei University website. (http://www.yonsei.ac.kr/contents/sinchon/breakdown1.html, Tuition fees for Global Leadership Division Program will be announced later.) 4. Offices and Contact Information Inquiries Majors Scholarship Records, graduation issues Registration for classes Dormitory teaching courses Visa related issues Exchange students program Korean Language learning courses Underwood International College Incheon International Campus
Department University College Admin. Office Office of Scholarship & Job seeking Registrar’s Office Registrar’s Office Muak Dorm. Admin. Office College of Edu. Admin. Office Office of International Affairs Office of International Affairs Korean Language Institute UIC Admin. Office University College Admin. Office
Contact number 032-749-3500,3502 02-2123-2126~7 02-2123-2096~9 02-2123-2086~7 02-2123-3601~2 02-2123-3162~3 02-2123-6492 02-2123-4704 02-2123-3464 02-2123-3923 032-749-3126
【 Application Materials 】 1. Required Documents Items 1) Completed Application Form 2) Records of School Attendance 3) Information on Schools Attended 4) Personal Statement
Details A printout of application form which has been submitted online at Yonsei University Office of Admission website (http://admission.yonsei.ac.kr/seoul) Official Form (can be downloaded from http://admission.yonsei.ac.kr/seoul) Official Form (can be downloaded from http://admission.yonsei.ac.kr/seoul) Official Form (can be downloaded from http://admission.yonsei.ac.kr/seoul)
5) Recommendation Letter
Official Form (can be downloaded from http://admission.yonsei.ac.kr/seoul)
(in Korean or English)
6) High School Diploma or
Graduates from high schools in China
About [会考成绩认证报告](英文), please refer to http://www.cdgdc.edu.cn Apostille or Consulate Authentication is required.
High School Certificate of (Expected) Graduation and [会考成绩认证报告](英 文) verified by 『教育部学位与研究生教育发【中心』
Documents written in languages other than Korean or English should be enclosed with notarized translations into Korean or English. Apostille or Consulate Authentication is required
7) Official Transcripts of All Attended High Schools
Official High School Records with grades can replace the transcripts. (Documents written in languages other than Korean or English should be enclosed with notarized translations into Korean or English.)
Transcript * Only for those graduating from high schools in China
9) Certificate of Registration of Elementary,
[高考成绩表认证报告](英文)] verified by 『教育部学位与研究生教育发【中心』 * For details, please refer to http://www.cdgdc.edu.cn Apostille or Consulate Authentication is required
Middle and High School
* Only for the students who have attended more than two schools of different education systems AND graduated from countries in which they have less than 12 years of education prior to college
10) Certificate proving
A certificate proving Korean language proficiency
Korean language proficiency * Optional 11) Documents verifying foreign nationality of applicant and his/her parents
Submission of TOPIK result is strongly recommended. The certificate of completion from a Korean Language Institute in any university in Korea is acceptable. Copies of applicant’s and his/her parents’ passports. Copies of Identification cards of native countries or Documents of Alien Registration issued by Korean Immigration Office of applicants and his/her parents are also acceptable.
12) Legal documentatio
Non-Chines e nationalities
n indicating the relationship
C h i n e s e nationalities
Birth Certificate Other legal documentations indicating the relationship between the applicant and his/her parents are acceptable.
亲属关系证明公证本(英文) and 居民户口簿公证本(英文)
between the applicant and his/her parents
Supplemen tary Documents *Condition al
13) Mandatory documents for foreigners with Korean
- A Taiwanese applicant with one parent of Taiwanese citizenship is required to submit 가족관계증명서 under another parent’s name who has Korean citizenship. - Any document verifying the divorce or death of parent(s) - Any document identifying the parental right and custody of the applicant Legal documentations verifying the renunciation of the applicant’s and both his/her parents’ Korean citizenships such as a Certificate of Family Relationship that shows renunciation of Korean citizenship by the Korean government, 국적상실사실 확인증명 issued by Korean Consul, or 국적이탈사실 확인증명 issued by Ministry of Justice, and notarized copy of Alien Registration Card issued after the year 2011.
ethnicity ‘국적상실(이탈)사실신고 접수증 및 신고서’ is not acceptable. Certificate of Family Relationship(가족관계증명서) can be issued at any “dong” office. Letter of Consent and Letter of Request
14) Letter of Consent and Letter of Request
Official Forms. Can be downloaded from http://admission.yonsei.ac.kr/seoul. A letter of Consent and letters of Request for all attended high schools
15) Supplementary Documents
Middle school transcripts, awards, reports of standardized test scores, proof of foreign language proficiency, certificates/licenses, school profile etc. * Please fill out and attach List of Supplementary Documents (official form) when submitting the supplementary documents.
※ All ‘Official Forms’ can be downloaded from Admissions Office Website (http://admission.yonsei.ac.kr/seoul/)
2. Instructions on documents submission A. Accepted students who are expected to graduate at the time of application MUST submit high school diploma with Apostiile/Consulate Authentication to the Office of Admissions (Centennial Hall, 3rdfloor) by August 28 (FRI), 2015. B. All documents must have application number written on the upper right side of the documents. C. List of Supplementary Documents should be filled out and filed with the supplementary documents. D.
circumstances, photocopies with Notarization or Issuer’s official stamp, or photocopies that are compared to the original and stamped at the applicant’s high school or Office of Admissions can also be accepted. E. When name or date of birth on the submitted documents does not match with student’s official identifications, the student must additionally submit documentations proving that they are identical person. F. Documents that are not written in either Korean or English must be enclosed with notarized translations into Korean or English. G. Students who have studied in middle/high schools in Korea must submit the certificate of registration and the official School Records with grades. (학교생활기록부) H. Personal statement should be written either in Korean or in English, and it cannot be changed after submission. J. Birth certirficate 필리핀 : Family Census, 인도네시아 : 가족관계증명서 (KARTU KELUARGA), 방글라데시 : 점머 까꺼즈 또는 점마 싸이드티켓, 베트남 : 호적부 (So Ho Khau) 또는 출생증명서 (Giay khai sinh ), 몽골 : 친 족관계증명서, 파키스탄 : Family Certificate, 스리랑카 : 빠울러 서티피케이트, 미얀마 : 가족관계증명 서 (잉타웅수사옌), 네팔 : 전마달다, 키르기즈스탄‧카자흐스탄‧우즈벡‧우크라이나‧태국 : 출생증명서
Types and Conditions
Full amount of tuition fee (including admission fee), for min. one semester to max. eight semester
Dormitory fees will be included for dorm residents
International Students Scholarships
Scholarship recipients are to be
Scholarship recipients are required to
selected from admitted
maintain GPA more than 2.5 with more
applicants according to their
than 10 credits completed per semester
to stay eligible for the scholarship in the following semester. As a recipient fails to meet the condition for the third time, he/she will be disqualified.
【 Information on Apostille/ Consulate Authentications 】 1. Submission of documents for academic credential verification by overseas high school graduates All accepted international students must submit high school diploma AND high school transcripts legalized by one of the following ways to the Office of Admissions (Centennial Hall, 3rd floor) by the certain date set by Yonsei University. 1) Obtaining Apostille stamps on the documents in case the student has attended or graduated from school(s) in a country that is a member to the Hague Convention; or 2) Obtaining certifications of the documents from the Korean embassy or consular office in the country where student’s school is located (Consulate certifications can be replaced by Foreign Education Validation) ; or 3) China Qualifications Verification of China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Center when the student has attended or graduated from school(s) in People’s Republic of China. (www.cdgdc.edu.cn) 2. Reference for the Apostille Convention ▶ The Apostille Convention 1) Refers to the Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents effectuated in the Republic of Korea on July 14, 2007 facilitates the circulation of public documents between the states who are party to the Convention by abolishing the process of certifying documents twice by the foreign ministry of the country where the document was issued and by the foreign ministry of the country where the document will be used. 2) Legally validates documents issued in the signatory countries as to be certified by the foreign ministry of the country when the documents receive Apostille. 3) Supplementary documents to be attached when applying for a visa issuance certificate can either have existing consulate authentications or Apostille. (Border Control Division-8354, ‘07.8.13) ▶ For more and updated information on Apostille, please refer to Apostille Section at www.hcch.net 3. Process of obtaining Apostiile A. Public documents (from public schools) The Receive
Apply for Apostille
document for Apostille
B. Private documents (from private schools etc.) Have the
Receive documents from school
documents notarized at Notary Office
Visit an ⇒
organization issuing Apostille
Apply for Apostille
checks the document for
Apostille is issued
* The definition of private documents can differ from each countries according to its own Notary Act and attorney-at-Law Act. In general, Apostille will be issued when documents notarized in the country are submitted.
4. Members to the Apostille Convention (2012.07.10., 103 countries) Region
Republic of Korea, Mongolia, Brunei, Hong Kong, Macao, Japan, India, Israel, Turkey, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Oman
England, France, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Italy, Albania, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Europe
Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Macedonia, Ukraine, Andorra, Moldova, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Liechtenstein, San Marino United States of America, Mexico, Peru, Dominican Republic, Argentina, Panama, Republic of Suriname, Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, Antigua
and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Durras, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Granada, Saint Vincent, Trinidad and Tobago, Saint Lucia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Uruguay, Costa Rica
South Africa, Mauritius, Cape Verde, Sao Tome and Principe, Botswana, Lesotho, Liberia, Namibia, Swaziland, Malawi
New Zealand, Australia, Fiji, Maury Island, Marshall Islands, Samoa, Cook Islands, Tunga, Seychelles, Niue
Application Identification Number
Personal Statement (For International Applicant - Global Leadership Division Program) ￭ Applicant Information Name
High School Address of High School Department/Major
I certify that all information submitted in this form is my own work, factually true, and honestly presented, and thus understand that I may be subject to a range of possible disciplinary actions, including admission revocation, should the information I have certified be false.
1. Applicants should include truthful and accurate information in this form. If the information is found to be false, plagiarized, or written by someone other than the applicant, he or she will be disqualified regardless of evaluation result. 2. We recommend a typed copy when completing this form. However, in case of handwriting, please write clearly in the square style with a black pen(pencils not allowed). 3. Please use this official personal statement form. (The form can be downloaded and printed from Yonsei University’s Office of Admissions website.) 4. Sections 1, 2 and 3 are to be completed by all applicants, ‘b’ and ‘c’ of section 4 are to be completed by those who think that it pertains to them. 5. The sections of this form must be answered according to the given prompts and should not exceed the given length (2 pages). 6. Please staple or securely bind the pages in the upper left corner to make sure no pages are lost. 7. The personal statement is considered strictly confidential and will not be subject to public viewing or release. It will be used only for admission review and personal counseling after entering Yonsei University.
Application Identification Number
1. Plans and Motivation for Application a. Please explain your specific reason(s) for applying to Yonsei University and what efforts you have been making in order to be admitted. b. Please explain your plans for the future after being admitted to Yonsei University.
2. Group Extracurricular Activities a. Please list any group extracurricular activities (with or without school organization) during your middle/high school, and after high school graduation. b. Please explain your role in these activities and what influence your participation had on you and your surrounding.
Application Identification Number
3. Understanding of and Adjustment to Korean Culture and Society a. Please list some elements of Korean people, culture or society that you consider to be positive. b. Please explain what will be the greatest obstacle that you expect to encounter while attending university in Korea and what you plan to do to overcome it.
4. Others a. All accepted students are to spend their first and second semesters (the freshman year) at Songdo International Campus in Incheon for Residential College course. Please express your thought about RC. b. Please explain your experiences (work, academic achievement etc.) after high school graduation in detail. (For applicants who think it pertains to them) c. Please specify any information, other than what was described in the preceding sections, that you think is important in order for the university to understand the applicant. (For applicants who think it pertains to them)
￭ 지원자 기재 사항 지원자
출신 고등학교 연 전
￭ 추천서 작성자 기재 사항 추 천인
본인은 지원자에 대한 추천서를 작성 및 제출함에 있어 사실에 입각한 내용만을 공정하게 작성할 것 이며, 향후 어떠한 경우에도 이 추천서의 내용 혹은 그 일부를 지원자와 제삼자에게 공개하지 아니 할 것을 확인 서약합니다.
연세대학교 총장 귀하
서명 또는 날인
1. 추천인이 지도하였거나 알고 지낸 다른 학생들과 비교하여 지원자를 평가한 후 다음 항목에 표기하여 주십시오. 추천인은 지원자를
개월 동안 알고 지냈으며, 다음의 평가그룹과 비교하여 평가하였습니다.
(다만, 추천인이 지원자의 지도교사가 아닌 경우 기타 란에 비교 대상그룹을 기술하여 주십시오.) 기타 지금까지 지도한 현재 재직 중인 고교의 현재 재직 중인 고교의 고등학생 3학년생 전체
4년제 대학 지원자 우수
학교생활 동료학생들과의 관계
교사에 대한 태도
※ 지원자가 특별히 우수하여 다음 사항에 해당되는 경우 표기하거나 기술하여 주십시오.
년 동안) 지도한 학생 가운데 가장 우수(어떤 측면에서 우수한지 아래 난에 간략히 기술)
※ 아래 2~4번 문항은 해당사항이 없을 경우 ‘해당사항 없음’으로 기술하여 주십시오.
2. 지원자의 학업능력 또는 학교생활 태도(수업태도, 수업참여도, 교내활동 참여 등)와 관련하여 고려해야 할 사항이 있다면 경험적 사례를 들어 구체적으로 기술하여 주십시오.
3. 객관적 지표(교과 또는 학업역량)로 드러나지 않는 지원자의 잠재적 능력 또는 인성과 관련하여 고려해야 할 사항이 있다면 경험적 사례를 들어 구체적으로 기술하여 주십시오.
4. 지원자의 교육환경(성장과정, 생활여건, 지역적 특성 등)과 관련하여 고려해야 할 사항이 있다면 경험적 사례를 들어 구체적으로 기술하여 주십시오.
5. 종합평가: 본인은 지원자를 약간 추천합니다
매우 강력히 추천합니다
※ 본 추천서는 입학 관련 사무 이외에 다른 목적에 이용되거나 공개되지 않습니다.
Letter of Recommendation
￭ to the Applicant: After completing all the relevant questions below, give this form to your recommender who has taught you an academic subject or known you well.
Date of Birth:
, request that this recommendation letter be used only for the admissions
process and voluntarily waive my right of access to any information contained within.
￭ to the Recommender: Recommender Name: E-mail:
Position: How long have you known this applicant and in what context?
I certify that the information presented in my recommendation is accurate, complete and honestly presented. I also certify that I have kept any information in my recommendation confidential and I will not disclose it under any circumstances. Recommender signature
Please seal and send this recommendation letter directly to the address below.
Office of Admissions, Yonsei University 50 Yonsei-ro, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul 120-749, Korea < 1 of 3 >
1. Please assess the applicant’s degree of the following qualities in comparison with other students you have previously taught or been acquainted with. The recommender has known the applicant for ______ years, and compared the applicant against the following group of students. (If the recommender has not taught the applicant, please check the "Other" section and indicate the group of persons to which an applicant is compared for his or her evaluation.) All 12th grade high school
All 12th grade students
students taught in your career
you are currently teaching
All 12th grade students who applied to 4 year colleges
Compared to other students, how do you rate this student in terms of: N/A Classroom attitude Consideration for
Good (Top 5-10%)
Exceptional (Within top 1%)
students Respect for teachers Extracurricular activities Creative thinking Logical analysis Willingness to attempt challenges Leadership Responsibility Communication skills Community service
※ If the applicant is especially outstanding in some aspect, please check or comment on it in the following article. The applicant is evaluated to be best in ___ years of teaching experience. Other( ) 2. If there are any aspects of the applicant’s academic ability (e.g. academic attitude, learning capacity, intellectual potential) or personality (e.g. community spirit, moral standards, values) that the evaluators should consider, please explain with specific examples. Please note any active and potential talents or characteristics that cannot be otherwise assessed through grades and other objective indicators.
< 2 of 3 >
3. If there are any aspects to the applicant’s educational background (in upbringing, living conditions, regional characteristics etc.), that the evaluators should consider, please explain with specific examples.
4. How strongly do you recommend this student for Yonsei University: with reservation
my strongest recommendation
⋇ If you have any reservations about the applicant's character, please explain on a separate sheet of paper. ⋇ This recommendation will be served ONLY for the purpose of admission process < 3 of 3 >
A p p lic a tio n N o .
R e c o rd s o f S c h o o l A tte n d a n c e
Nam e N a tio n a lity
1. Records of Schools Attended (from Elementary to High School) ☞Qualifications
Schools Name of School [official academic years]
(yy/mm/dd) O. Applicant and both of his/her . . .~ . parents are non-Korean nationals . . .~ . . . .~ . . . .~ . . . .~ . . . .~ . . . .~ . . . .~ . . . .~ . . . .~ . . . .~ . ① Dates attended should match with the dates on your official certificates.
Year& Month . . . . . . . . . . .
Grade (G) / Semester (S) 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
S 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2
. . . . . . . . . . . ② Do not include preschool and university education.
2.Notes ※ Please report any unusual or important circumstances such as overlapping/skipping/taking leave of absence/not having official grades for a certain semester(s).
Type of Circumstance
I hereby guarantee that the above records and statements are all true and accurate without any false or misrepresentation. Thus, I understand that my application may be dismissed should the information I provided be false. Date:
Information on Schools Attended Academic Year System Name of School
Beginning month of
Contact Details (for verification of documents/records)
Address each semester
① Please fill in high school information only. Also, please write the official names of the schools. ② Please write the complete telephone number and fax number including national and local codes
③ “Beginning month of each semester” and “Vacation period” : Indicate the month that each semester and vacation starts in accordance with each school’s system. (In case of two semester system, please leave the third column empty)
I hereby guarantee that the above records and statements are all true and accurate without any false or misrepresentation. Thus, I understand that my application may be dismissed should the information I provided be false.
List of Supplementary Documents No.
LETTER OF CONSENT(학력조회동의서)
Office of Admissions, Yonsei University 50 Yonsei-ro, Seodaemoon-gu, Seoul 120-749, Korea Tel :+82-2-2123-4131, Fax : +82-2-2123-8614 http://admission.yonsei.ac.kr/seoul/
Release of Information Form By making application for admission to Undergraduate Programs of Yonsei University, I hereby authorize administrator or other persons to confer with others to obtain and verify my credentials and qualifications as a provider.
I release from any and all liability all organizations or individuals who act in good faith and without malice to provide the above information.
I consent to the release by any person to other institutions of all information that may be relevant to an evaluation of my credentials and qualifications and hereby release any such person providing such information of any and all liability.
2015. Name(지원자 성명) : Date of Birth(생년월일) : Signature(지원자 서명) :
LETTER OF REQUEST(학력조회의뢰서)
Office of Admissions, Yonsei University 50 Yonsei-ro, Seodaemoon-gu, Seoul 120-749, Korea Tel :+82-2-2123-4131, Fax : +82-2-2123-8614, Email : [email protected]
http://admission.yonsei.ac.kr/seoul/ Student's Education Record[지원자 작성란, Student's Section] Student's Name Date of Birth（yyyy/mm/dd） Sex (Male, Female) Name of School(Campus) School Phone No. School Address Period of Enrollment （yyyy/mm/dd ~ yyyy/mm/dd） Date of Graduation□ / Transfer□ ※ Attachments : Letter of Consent, High school transcript(s)
[해외학교(고교과정) 학적담당자 작성란, Verifier/Registrar's Section] Kindly verify the above student information in the box below, and please return to Office of Admissions, Yonsei Univeristy[by air-mail / email attachment / fax, etc]. Tick & Remark
Verification 1. Basic Information
(Name, DOB, Sex, School Info.)
Incorrect □ (
2. Period of Enrollment
3. Date of Graduation□/Transfer□ 4. Descriptions in Transcript(s) [For High School only] Certified by Name & Position : Signature : Affiliation : Tel : Fax : Email : Date : Comment :
Correct □ Incorrect □ (
Correct □ Incorrect □ (
Correct □ Incorrect □ (
연세대학교 서울캠퍼스 입학처 120-749 서울특별시 서대문구 연세로 50 전화 (02)2123-4131 (입학안내) 팩스 (02)2123-8614
Office of Admissions, Yonsei University 50 Yonsei-ro, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul 120-749, Korea Telephone (82-2)2123-4131 Fax
http://admission.yonsei.ac.kr/seoul [email protected]