N RT Ch ild
ON lt E
FIND THE RIGHT TICKET FOR YOU!
EF FIE L
OF et Type F-P EA K D
INCLUDES 10 TOP MONEY SAVING TIPS
VALID UNTIL 18 MAY 2013 Cla
LO U t
e yp ult
tT E Y ke Tic TIM WA Y K AR AN SP ND S AL IN RM TE
ED AY S
S Ti To HE AD cket FF LO VA Type IE N LD N D C O E N 1S TE T Ad RM O ult IN N AL E S
Y K DA
YOUR TICKET GUIDE HELPING YOU FIND THE RIGHT TICKET There are a wide range of tickets available to travel by train and we know it can sometimes be confusing, so this leaflet is designed to help find the right ticket for you. We also know that value for money is important, so throughout this leaflet you will find 10 money saving tips to help you get the best value for your travel requirements. Look out for the tips throughout the leaflet, marked by the ticket icons. At East Midlands Trains we want to make things as simple as possible.
1. BOOK YOUR TICKETS ONLINE Our first tip is to book at eastmidlandstrains.co.uk for the best price on your tickets. Our lowest Advance fares have a £1 discount when you buy online, meaning a saving of £2 if you book a second single Advance fare for your return journey.
2. SIGN UP AND SAVE By booking online at eastmidlandstrains.co.uk you can sign up to receive our emails and receive exclusive train ticket offers to save you money on your future journeys. Last year the average customer saved £35 with us by using special offers from our emails*. If you haven’t already signed up to receive our emails, it will take less than a minute. Simply go to our website and log into your account, update your personal details preferences and choose ‘Yes please’ to receive emails. Don’t miss out, save money by signing up today at eastmidlandstrains.co.uk
3. USE BEST FARE FINDER If you are looking for cheap tickets and you can be flexible when you travel, go to eastmidlandstrains.co.uk and use Best Fare Finder. You will even be able to find great value First Class Tickets, just click the First Class option and we’ll find the cheapest First Class tickets for you. *Based on the savings of an average customer on the East Midlands Trains database calculated between April 2012 and October 2012.
OUR TICKETS FOR JOURNEYS TO / FROM LONDON If you know what train you want to travel on or can be flexible on travel times and dates that offer our cheapest fares then Advance tickets are for you. Generally, the more flexible you can be with your booking, the cheaper you can get your tickets. With Advance tickets, journeys must be made on the dates and times selected. They are available on a large number of East Midlands Trains services to and from London St Pancras. Tickets must be purchased in advance of travel and are subject to availability. Advance fares offer our best value and can be easily found using Best Fare Finder at eastmidlandstrains.co.uk If you are unable to specify an actual time that you want to travel; then the table below will help guide you to the best ticket. The table highlights the appropriate time of day restrictions for each of the tickets using different colours, these same colours are used in our timetable on the appropriately timed trains. Advising if the time you want to travel is classed as East Midlands Trains Anytime, Off Peak or Super Off-Peak. ANYTIME ► Anytime Single valid for two days ► Anytime Return outward journey valid within five days. Return journeys must be made within one calendar month ► Valid on any train, at anytime Holders of Business Anytime Plus or Business Anytime tickets which are detailed later in this leaflet are able to make outward and return journeys within one calendar month.
OFF-PEAK ► Valid arriving in London St Pancras at or after 1005 Monday to Friday ► Valid for departures from London St Pancras between 0901 and 1629 and at or after 1859, Monday to Friday ► Valid at any time on Saturday and Sunday for arrivals or departures into London St Pancras ► On Fridays, the outward portion of an Off-Peak ticket is valid on any train departing from London St Pancras after 0901 ► The outward journey must be made on the date shown on the ticket. Return journeys must be within one calendar month
SUPER OFF-PEAK ► Valid arriving in London St Pancras at or after 1129 Monday to Friday ► Valid for departures from London St Pancras between 1026 and 1516 and at or after 1859, Monday to Friday ► Valid at any time on Saturday and Sunday for arrivals or departures into London St Pancras ► The outward journey must be made on the date shown on the ticket. Return journeys must be within one calendar month
OUR FARES ADVANCE FARES Our Advance tickets offer great value fares, available in First Class and Standard Class. Book early to get the cheapest fares. Tickets must be purchased in advance of travel and are subject to availability. Return Fares Prices Start From:
Derby, Long Eaton
Loughborough, Leicester, East Midlands Parkway
Corby, Kettering, Bedford, Luton
* These prices are only available at eastmidlandstrains.co.uk and are shown with the £2 online discount already applied. Subject to availability. Conditions apply. Return fare price is based on two Standard Class Advance single tickets available at eastmidlandstrains.co.uk
Advance tickets are only valid for travel on the specific train on which you reserve your seat, so be sure to travel on that train otherwise you will be required to buy a brand-new, full fare ticket. To change your ticket to travel at a different time, go to the ticket office before the departure of the train shown on your ticket. You will then just need to pay the difference between the price paid for your original ticket and the price of the ticket on the train you want to travel on, plus a £10 administration fee.
4. UPGRADE ON WEEKDAYS Upgrade to First Class on weekdays to London, starting from just £19 one way from Wellingborough. Get a guaranteed large seat and table to work, at seat power points and free WiFi. Complimentary refreshments are served at your seat along with a complimentary newspaper. Ask at the ticket office or your Train Manager on board to purchase your upgrade (upgrade prices are available with a valid Standard Class ticket and are subject to seat availability).
FIRST CLASS AND STANDARD CLASS All fares shown below are return fares for East Midlands Trains services to and from London St Pancras. The colour references the ticket type as Anytime, Off-Peak or Super Off-Peak. Please use one of our ticket machines or ask at the Ticket Office for further details on fares.
£183 £146.50 £199
£152 £124.50 £163.50
Nottingham, Beeston, Lincoln, East Midlands Parkway
£131 £103.50 £155
£132.50 £132.50 £99.50
£149.50 £129.50 £129.50 £97.50
£163.50 £143.50 £143.50 £99.50
First Super Off-Peak
Business Anytime Plus
5. UPGRADE AT WEEKENDS For £10 per journey, on our trains to/from London, you can upgrade your Standard Class ticket to First Class on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays (subject to seats being available). One of our Train Managers will be able to upgrade your Standard Class ticket to First Class during the journey (upgrades are not available with Advance or selected promotional tickets).
TRAVEL FOR BUSINESS INCLUSIVE TICKETS FOR BUSINESS Business Anytime and Business Anytime Plus offer all the great benefits of First Class including complimentary WiFi in all of our First Class carriages. These tickets provide travel on services which offer an enhanced snack both in the morning and the afternoon. If you choose a Business Anytime Plus, in addition to the above you get; breakfast, 48 hours parking and Zone 1 and 2 Underground travel for a maximum of just £20 more than a First Anytime ticket. These extras are worth up to £42.95 if purchased separately. Departing From:
Train Times BRK
Beeston Derby Long Eaton
East Midlands Parkway
Arriving At: London St Pancras International
*From 25 March the 0502 Sheffield service departs at 0526 and the 0515 Chesterfield service departs at 0538.
The train times above are morning services to London which offer an enhanced snack. Enhanced snacks are offered on services departing from London St Pancras International at 0755, 1655, 1715, 1730 and 1755 on weekdays. These range from a Danish pastry in the morning to cheese and biscuits in the evening.
6. USE FACEBOOK AND TWITTER Follow us on Twitter for East Midlands Trains service updates and travel information at twitter.com/ EMTrains and for the latest deals and offers from East Midlands Trains go to twitter.com/EMT_Offers Like us on Facebook for travel inspiration ideas at facebook.com/EastMidlandsTrains
FIRST CLASS LEISURE LONDON DAY OUT TICKET If you’re travelling to London on a Saturday, try our inclusive London Day Out ticket. Enjoy First Class return travel with guaranteed seats, breakfast (only available on trains listed below), 24 hours car parking, plus a one day travelcard for the London Underground. See the table below for prices from each station and the breakfast train times: Saturday Breakfast Trains
East Midlands Parkway
7. BOOK YOUR TICKETS EARLY Advance tickets are available up to three months before travel. Follow us at twitter.com/EMT_Offers for upto-date ticket releases or visit eastmidlandstrains.co.uk and find your cheap tickets using Best Fare Finder.
TRAVELLING IN A GROUP? If you are travelling in a group of 10 or more, discounted travel is available. Discounts on our London route are available with 50% off for children aged 15 or under or 25% off for those aged between 16 - 18. Great deals in First Class are also available with the choice of breakfast as an option to set you up for the day, on selected morning services to London. To book now call 08457 125 678 or enquire online using our Group Travel form.
8. ONBOARD WIFI Don’t forget WiFi is available on all our trains to and from London. WiFi is complimentary in First Class and starts from just £4 in Standard Class.
9. SAVE WITH SEASON TICKETS If you commute by train regularly you can save with a Season ticket. You can buy a weekly Season ticket from our self-service ticket machines and Ticket Offices. If your station has no ticket buying facilities, you can buy weekly Season tickets on board our trains. Don’t forget Smartcard’s are available on some routes, find out more at eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/smart
REGULAR TRAVELLERS BUYING SEASON TICKETS Below shows an example of the great value fares when you purchase a season ticket: Anytime Day Return
Mansfield – Nottingham
Sileby – Leicester
Newark – Nottingham
Metheringham – Lincoln
10. LOCAL GROUP SAVINGS A Groupsave ticket is available on selected routes for three or four passengers travelling in a group, for the price of two adults. Extra children can travel for a flat fare of £1 each. Our popular routes include; Mansfield to Nottingham, Newark to Lincoln and Kettering to Leicester. Book at the station or by calling 08457 125 678 to enjoy this great saving. The information in this leaflet was correct at the time of printing in December 2012, but may be subject to change without prior notice. East Midlands Trains does not accept liability for any inaccuracy of this information. Part of Stagecoach Group PLC EMT052DES eastmidlandstrains.co.uk stagecoachgroup.com