Discover For more information or to purchase the BlackBerry solution, please contact Insight at:
1.800.INSIGHT or e-mail: [email protected]
1. The ability to utilize the video recording/capture feature on the BlackBerry smartphone requires the installation and use of a properly formatted microSD® card. 2. Video streaming is currently not available on all Blackberry smartphone models. 3. Available with Desktop Manager v4.2 service 2 or higher. 4. For BlackBerry Media Sync to work your media-enabled BlackBerry smartphone must be connected to your computer via a USB cable. Certain music files may not be supported by the media player, including incompatible file types and files that contain digital rights management technologies. 5. BlackBerry Media Sync is compatible with devices featuring BlackBerry® Device Software v4.2 or higher. Devices that do not feature built-in mass storage capabilities (significant amounts of onboard memory) will require a microSD card to be properly inserted. Please visit www.blackberry.com/mediasync/microSD for a list of devices requiring microSD cards. 6. BlackBerry Media Sync is compatible with 32-bit editions of Windows XP Service Pack 2 which can be used with iTunes version 7.0 or higher AND 64 and 32-bit editions of Windows Vista which can be used with iTunes version 7.2 or higher. Not compatible Windows 2000. Mac OS 10.4 and 10.5 are compatible with iTunes version 7.7 or higher. 7. All applicable charges will still apply for the purchase of music from iTunes. 8. Requires activation with data plan, including Internet access, as well as a network connection and BlackBerry Device Software v4.0 or higher. 9. Not compatible with devices carrying a series number below 7700. 10. Requires activation with data plan. 11. Requires activation with voice plan. 12. The ability to send pictures is not supported by all Instant Messaging programs. Check with your IM provider for supported features and services. 13. Check with your service provider for supported features and services. 14. For details on coverage areas visit www.blackberry. com/maps 15. To verify which video file formats are supported, please visit www.blackberry.com/go/ mediafiles 16. The BlackBerry Storm and BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphones are designed to access 3GPP RTSP mobile-streaming websites. When the streaming functionality is accessed via the WAP Browser, significant, additional charges may apply. Check with your service provider for supported features and services. 17. BlackBerry smartphones accept microSD cards of various sizes; the amount of storage is determined by card capacity. Two, four and eight-megabyte microSD cards may be sold separately. 18. In order to record video clips a microSD card must be properly inserted in the BlackBerry smartphone. MicroSD cards may be sold separately. 19. For a complete list of supported media file formats visit www.blackberrybold.com 20. Wi-Fi access may be blocked in certain locations. Users should also investigate the level of security available on any Wi-Fi network they are considering connecting to. 21. The BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 and BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphones support Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g. Placing calls over Wi-Fi requires a GAN/UMA network. Not all BlackBerry plans support Wi-Fi access to BlackBerry services. Please check with your service provider for supported services and features. 22. Check with your service provider for supported services and features. Not all BlackBerry plans support Wi-Fi access to BlackBerry services. 23. BlackBerry Connect software features may vary by device and service provider. Please check with your service provider and the device manufacturer for available features. 24. MySpace for BlackBerry smartphones requires: 1. activation with data plan including Internet access; 2. a network connection; and 3. A BlackBerry with a minimum of 64 MB of onboard memory, with 100 KB available. 25. The MySpace for BlackBerry smartphones application is available at no charge to the user. There may be costs associated with downloading the software, accessing your network and uploading files; check with your provider. 26. Available with Yahoo! Messenger. 27. Available with Yahoo! Messenger, Windows Live Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger and ICQ. Check with service provider for availability, roaming arrangements, service plans and features. When you subscribe to third-party products or services you accept that: 1. It is your sole responsibility to: (a) ensure that your airtime service provider will support all features; (b) identify and acquire all required intellectual property licences prior to installation or use and to comply with the terms of such licences; 2. RIM makes no representation, warranty or guarantee and assumes no liability whatsoever in relation to third party products or services. Certain features outlined in this document require a minimum version of BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, BlackBerry® Desktop Software, and/or BlackBerry Device Software. © 2008 Research In Motion Limited. All Rights Reserved. BlackBerry®, RIM®, Research In Motion®, SureType®, SurePress™ and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world. RIM assumes no obligations or liability and makes no representation, warranty, endorsement or guarantee in relation to any aspect of any third-party products or services. All rights reserved. The iTunes trademark is property of Apple, Inc. Windows and Windows Vista are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. iTunes is not endorsed in any manner by Research In Motion Limited. MySpace is a trademark of News Corporation. Yahoo!, Y!, Flickr and the Yahoo! logo are trademarks of Yahoo! Inc. Google, Google Talk, Gmail and the Google Logo are trademarks of Google Inc. Microsoft, the Windows logo and Windows Live are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. AOL Instant Messenger, AIM and the ICQ logos are the trademarks and/ or registered trademarks of AOL LLC. Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc. MySpace is a trademark of News Corporation. All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks and service marks are the properties of their respective owners. MKT-XXXX-001
And feel the love. www.blackberry.com
A BlackBerry smartphone can meet your phone, organizer and email needs. But that’s just the start. Listen to your favorite playlist. Watch the hottest videos. IM with your friends. Browse your favorite web sites. Take pictures – and share them, too. Catch up on the news. Check out the scores. And so much more. No matter how busy life gets, your BlackBerry® smartphone gives you access to the things you need. And the things you love.
BlackBerry smartphone features: Meeting your unique needs. While individual BlackBerry smartphones differ, they all combine many of these outstanding features.
Connect Social Networking: Connections that last. Use your BlackBerry smartphone to access custom-built Facebook and MySpace™ applications. Share up-to-date information and photos, and connect with your circle of friends.
Email and Text Messaging (SMS and MMS): Your messages on the go. With push-delivery technology, you get your work and personal emails as they come in. BlackBerry smartphones also integrate popular email services such as Windows Live™ Hotmail, Yahoo!® Mail, Gmail™ and Microsoft® Outlook®. You can even view attachments.
Phone: Advanced features made easy. Get sophisticated phone features, including Bluetooth®, conferencing, smart dialing, speed dial, voice activated dialing, call forwarding and a built-in speakerphone.
Push-to-Talk: See who’s available and talk instantly. Whether it’s family, friends or coworkers, see who’s out there. You can even connect to multiple contacts.
Wi-Fi support: Access to Wi-Fi networks, in the palm of your hand. With Wi-Fi® connectivity on the BlackBerry smartphone, you can take advantage of full voice and data support over any Wi-Fi network supported by your service provider.
Instant Messaging (IM): Take your IM chats with you. BlackBerry smartphones support popular IM applications, such as Yahoo!® Messenger, Google Talk™, ICQ®, AOL® Instant Messenger (AIM®), Windows Live™ Messenger and BlackBerry® Messenger.
Play Media Player: The fun goes with you. Listen to MP3s or watch video clips. With their large, high-resolution displays, BlackBerry smartphones offer rich sound and vivid colors.
Video: Almost-instant video on the go.1 Record video clips and almost instantly share them with friends, family and contacts. View them on video-sharing sites like YouTube®.2 Or just enjoy watching them on the smartphone’s high-resolution display.
Camera: Just snap. Then send. Take pictures and share them wirelessly. Transfer pictures from your smartphone to your desktop computer easily. And upload them to Facebook, MySpace or Flickr™.
Media Manager: Manage all your media files in one place. Roxio® Media Manager3 is a powerful new way to view, organize and search for media files on your computer, create MP3 music files from CDs, add audio tags, build playlists and more — and pull them up in a flash.
BlackBerry Media Sync: Take your iTunes music collection with you. Quick, easy and free, BlackBerry® Media Sync creates a direct connection between your iTunes® music collection and your BlackBerry smartphone. With just a few simple clicks you can choose the playlists or a mix of tunes you want and transfer them from your PC or Mac directly to your BlackBerry smartphone.4, 5, 6, 7
Organize & Find Organizer: Stay on top of your day. Stay on track with an integrated address book for phone and email, memo pad, task list and a calendar that syncs with the calendar on your PC.
Browser: Access the web and find what you need – when and where you need it. Get easy, intuitive navigation and fast performance. View web pages on a large, high-resolution color screen. Find information faster with wireless browsing capabilities. And save bookmarks for one-click access to your favorite sites.
BlackBerry® Maps: Get there the easy way. Download maps and step-by-step driving instructions on your smartphones. GPS-enabled smartphones let you view your location and track your route.
Built-in GPS: Know where you are, no matter where you are. BlackBerry smartphones with GPS let you pinpoint your geographic location with integrated applications to help you find your way.
BlackBerry® Answers: Get answers to your BlackBerry smartphone questions. Accessible right from your BlackBerry smartphone at mobile.blackberry.com. Just type a question like, “How can I load songs onto my BlackBerry smartphone?” to get step-by-step instructions that should solve the problem. It’s that easy!8, 9
Fun ’n Stuff: Make it your own. Tailor your smartphone to suit your style with BlackBerry® Authentic Accessories, along with wallpapers, ringtones and applications.
BlackBerry® Storm™ smartphone • Phone, email, text messaging (SMS, MMS), IM, organizer and browser 10, 11 • SurePress™ touch screen with portrait and landscape views • 3.2 megapixel camera with video recording 10, 12, 18 • Built-in GPS 10, 13, 14 • Media player (music, video), pre-loaded games, mobile streaming and other multimedia support 15, 16
BlackBerry Storm smartphone. Press and Be Impressed. With a unique touch screen and cutting-edge multimedia capabilities, it’s got the power and performance to drive your desires. It makes a great impression as you travel across town or to almost any corner of the world.
• Expandable memory17 • Quad-band: 850/900/1800/ 1900MHz GSM®/GPRS/EDGE networks. Single-band: 2100 MHz UMTS/HSPA networks. Dual-band: 800/1900 MHz CDMA/EVDO Rev A networks.
Want to know more about the BlackBerry Storm smartphone?
BlackBerry® Bold™ 9000 smartphone • Phone, email, text messaging (SMS, MMS), IM, organizer and browser 10, 11 • Built-in GPS 13, 14 • 2.0 megapixel camera with video recording 10, 11, 12, 19 • Media player 20 • Wi-Fi support 21
BlackBerry Bold smartphone. Be Bold. The BlackBerry Bold smartphone packages speed and intuitive BlackBerry functionality into a device that expresses your style. Powering the passions you pursue, the multitasking BlackBerry Bold smartphone is a symbol of what you’ve already accomplished – and the achievements still to come.
• Razor-sharp display • Expandable memory 17 • UMTS 2100/1900/850MHz GSM: 1900/1800/900/850 MHz, GPRS, EDGE and HSDPA networks.
Want to know more about the BlackBerry Bold smartphone?
BlackBerry Pearl smartphones. Open up Your Life with the BlackBerry Pearl Flip. Now there’s a smartphone with the brains of the BlackBerry solution, in the style you love. The new BlackBerry® Pearl Flip smartphone. It will keep you connected to the people, activities and experiences that make your life fun and exciting.
Loaded with cool features, BlackBerry Pearl 8100 smartphones help you get the most out of your personal and professional lives. BlackBerry® Pearl™ 8110 smartphone • Phone, email, text messaging (SMS, MMS), IM, organizer and browser 10, 11 • 2.0 MP camera • Media player • Built-in GPS • Quad-band GSM/GPRS (850/900/1800/ 1900MHz) and EDGE wireless networks.
BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 smartphone • Phone, email, text messaging (SMS, MMS), IM, organizer and browser 10, 11 • 2.0 megapixel camera with video recording10, 11, 12, 19 • Media player (music, video), pre-loaded games, mobile streaming and other multimedia support 15
BlackBerry® Pearl™ 8120 smartphone • Phone, email, text messaging (SMS, MMS), IM, organizer and browser 10, 11 • 2.0 MP camera • Media player • Wi-Fi support 22 • Quad-band GSM/GPRS (850/900/1800/ 1900MHz) and EDGE wireless networks.
BlackBerry® Pearl™ 8130 smartphone
• Two high-resolution displays
• Phone, email, text messaging (SMS, MMS), IM, organizer and browser 10, 11
• Expandable memory 17
• 2.0 MP camera
• Quad-band: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS and EDGE networks.
• Media player
• Wi-Fi support 21
• Built-in GPS • Dual-band 800/1900 Mhz CDMA2000 1X Ev-DO wireless networks.
Want to know more about BlackBerry Pearl smartphones?
BlackBerry Curve smartphones. A Design to Be Held. The New BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone. A sleek, new twist on a classic style. Keep your finger on the pulse of what’s important to you. Sleek. Thin. Light. It fits in your hand like it fits in your life. Perfectly. BlackBerry® Curve™ 8900 smartphone • Phone, email, text messaging (SMS, MMS), IM, organizer and browser 10, 11 • Razor-sharp display • 3.2 megapixel camera with video recording 10, 12, 18 • Built-in GPS 10, 13, 14 • Wi-Fi support 21 • Media player (music, video), pre-loaded games, mobile streaming and other multimedia support 15, 16 • Expandable memory 17 • Quad-band: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS and EDGE networks.
With the BlackBerry Curve 8300 series smartphone, you can shop for groceries and stay in touch with your family and friends... and still reply to an email from your boss. BlackBerry® Curve™ 8310 smartphone • Phone, email, text messaging (SMS, MMS), IM, organizer and browser 10, 11 • Built-in GPS • 2.0 MP camera • Media player • Quad-band GSM/GPRS (850/900/1800/ 1900MHz) and EDGE wireless networks.
BlackBerry® Curve™ 8320 smartphone • Phone, email, text messaging (SMS, MMS), IM, organizer and browser 10, 11 • Wi-Fi support 22 • 2.0 MP camera • Media player • Quad-band GSM/GPRS (850/900/1800/ 1900MHz) and EDGE wireless networks.
BlackBerry® Curve™ 8330 smartphone • Phone, email, text messaging (SMS, MMS), IM, organizer and browser 10, 11 • Built-in GPS • 2.0 MP camera • Media player • Dual-band 800/1900 Mhz CDMA2000 1X Ev-DO wireless networks.
BlackBerry® Curve™ 8350i smartphone • Phone, email, text messaging (SMS, MMS), IM, organizer and browser 10, 11 • Push-to-Talk (PTT) • Built-in GPS • 2.0 MP camera • Media player • 800/900 MHz iDEN® networks.
Want to know more about BlackBerry Curve smartphones?
BlackBerry® 8820 smartphone • Phone, email, text messaging (SMS, MMS), IM, organizer and browser 10, 11 • Built-in GPS • Media player
BlackBerry 8800 smartphone. The stylish way to get things done. BlackBerry®8800 Series offer you advanced features with a thin, sleek design. Road warrior? Whether you’re in an area with a CDMA or GSM/GPRS network, BlackBerry 8800 Series let you connect. Which means you can use them virtually anywhere in the world (subject to carrier support).
• Wi-Fi support 22 • Quad-band GSM/GPRS (850/900/1800/ 1900MHz) and EDGE wireless networks.
BlackBerry® 8830 World Edition smartphone • Phone, email, text messaging (SMS, MMS), IM, organizer and browser 10, 11 • Built-in GPS • Media player • Global roaming via dual-band 900/1800 Mhz GSM/GPRS networks and dual-band 800/1900 Mhz CDMA2000 1X Ev-DO networks.
Want to know more about BlackBerry 8800 Series?
www.blackberry.com/8800/discover BlackBerry Connect – Love BlackBerry connectivity but want a different device? BlackBerry® Connect™ technology brings the advantages of proven BlackBerry push technology to a variety of devices from leading manufacturers. Now you can enjoy all the features and functionality of your favorite device with the added benefits of BlackBerry connectivity.23 To find out which devices are available with BlackBerry Connect technology, talk to your sales representative. Or visit
your BlackBerry smartphone. BlackBerry® Leather Pocket
BlackBerry® Leather Holster
BlackBerry carrying solutions are designed to meet all your on-the-go needs, combining comfort, functionality and style. Go ahead – show off your style!
Power BlackBerry® Skins
BlackBerry® Automotive Charger
To find out which BlackBerry Authentic Accessories are available for your smartphone, talk to your sales representative or visit www.shopblackberry.com
BlackBerry® Power Station
BlackBerry® Charging Pod
With BlackBerry charging solutions, you’ll never have to worry about running out of power. Charge your device via electrical outlets, automobile sockets, USB ports or desktop chargers – whichever is most convenient.
Sound BlackBerry® HS-655+ Wireless Headset
BlackBerry® Leather Tote
BlackBerry® Leather Swivel Holster
BlackBerry® Remote Stereo Gateway
BlackBerry® Stereo Headset
Lightweight and comfortable, BlackBerry® Stereo Headsets and wireless Bluetooth headsets provide outstanding sound quality that cuts through background noise. So you’ll hear and be heard wherever your day takes you.
Expand your BlackBerry smartphone’s possibilities with applications.
Sports Fanatic? ESPN® gets you in the game —
no matter which league, team or player you want to track. With clearer web pages than ever before, browsing your favorite sites just got a whole lot easier.
Want to book a flight? Reserve a table for two? Check the score? To find the applications that suit the way you work and play, visit Built for BlackBerry at:
www.builtforblackberry.com Or search the Handango® Software store for BlackBerry at:
www.handango.com/blackberry Here are just a few BlackBerry favorites:
Stay in Touch MySpace for BlackBerry Now the MySpace features you love can travel with you, so you can share events and experiences as they happen. Send and receive email, update your status and mood, view and send bulletins, add comments, post your photos and much more directly from your BlackBerry smartphone.24 And it’s yours to download, free of charge.25
Instant Messaging (IM) Yahoo! Messenger, Google Talk, BlackBerry Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger® (AIM®), ICQ® and Windows Live™ Messenger. Just like your computer at home, in one conversation you can include as many friends as it takes to plan your night out,26 share a picture of your new car 27 and personalize it using a digital caricature of yourself, a picture or even a phrase.
For Mac Users PocketMac® for BlackBerry® smartphones. Sync your BlackBerry smartphone to your Mac, thanks to PocketMac for BlackBerry smartphones. Use your BlackBerry smartphone to talk, email, organize and surf when you’re away from your computer, and use PocketMac for BlackBerry to synchronize with the suite of Apple® office applications. PocketMac even integrates with iSync! The best part? It’s free!